Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Kids Want to Rock and Roll

I have tried starting this entry several times. It is difficult. I have a lot going on in my life right now. My tour schedule is fairly non stop for the next few months. I am also in the middle of trying to leave Seattle. Los Angeles has my heart and it always will. I have a few loose ends to tie up in Seattle though. So that is a struggle.

That being said, I feel stronger now then I have in any other time of my life. There are still lots of struggles ahead but I am confident that I can conquer them all. Especially, with the help of my family and friends, I know that I can get it done.

Currently I am out with Foster The People. We are on a day off and I am taking the time for myself. It is important on tour to take time for yourself. If you don't, you get lost. Tour is filled with things to distract from the boredom of it all. Yes, tour can be boring. It can be the most boring fucking thing you have ever done. Not all parties are that fun, not all things free are good, and not all distractions are entertaining. The key is figuring out what will be good for you. Sometimes the party is the thing, sometimes it isn't.

So today, I take for myself. Later, I might check out a movie with some of the dudes. Or I may go alone.

In the mean time, please enjoy some pictures by my buddy Chopper (one of the best guitar techs I know):

Wanderingchopper

And a video by a band I grew up with, PUD:

No comments: